Thursday, November 24, 2011

'Tis the Season... part deux

Oh what a weekend! I just got back from seeing my entire family.

There were grandparents, great aunts, crazy cousins, cousins' friends, and cousins I didn't know I had.

Never have I known I had this large of a family.  Nor have I been regaled with so many tales of family history and shenanigans like I was this weekend.  It was awesome!

When I sat in my seat on the return flight back to Atlanta, I felt so thankful for my family and the laughter and the stories and the memories.  It was one of the best trips ever!  I was feeling grounded, loved, happy and finally... exhausted. 

This time of year, especially, we take time to acknowledge and appreciate truly significant, memory making times in life, but sometimes we can be most appreciative of the simplest, smallest gestures or sounds, like a voice saying "tall soy vanilla latte on the counter."  Basking in the glow of rapidly approaching due dates and deadlines (since time doesn't stop for holidays) and in the midst of recovering from the Thanksgiving Day Half-Marathon, I am filled with gratitude over one of the simplest Thanksgiving Day offerings: coffee.

Hope you enjoy a cup o' Joe with your favorite slice of pie today! Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment