Saturday, December 31, 2011

Job Search continues...

The job search just started, and it is already is in full swing!

First of all, I must mention & thank my mentor who has guided me through the process.  (If you haven't found a mentor, you simply must stop reading immediately and start looking into mentoring programs.  The experience, wisdom and support a mentor can provide is simply invaluable!)

So far, the Mentor Extraordinaire and I have made a list of my ideal companies - even including the pie-in-the-sky ones!  Next, we will begin selecting the top 10 to really target.  However will I decide?!

So far, here are my "Must-Have's":
1)International training programs and/or international travel opportunities, and
2)A product or service that I can really get behind... No McDonald's expansion endeavors in the future for this girl!

I'm very excited to see what becomes of it all, especially since someone recently noted that now is the time to go after my dream job, and he is absolutely right.  Why not!?  At this stage, I can be flexible and committed to any opportunity.  (That McKinsey article really resonated with me!)

I am now particularly open to those opportunities that will take me abroad!  How exhilarating!  A fresh start ahead, and with an MBA and a sparkling résumé (well, it will be once I'm done with it!), I may just find the perfect job I never knew I always wanted. :)

Now I just have to touch up my résumé and "get to work" so to speak!  Wish me luck and pass along any tips you have on how you found your dream job!

No comments:

Post a Comment