Monday, January 30, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

"You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you."
 - Brian Tracy, is a best-selling self-help author.

In a world where the only constant is change - particularly in the world of business where technology and innovation wait around every corner and the economic environment is so uncertain (i.e. job market) - this is so true!  

I've mentioned I'm looking for a job.  Let's call a spade, a spade.  Foreseeably, this whole process will not be pink hearts, daisies and little ponies, right?  

I may get my hopes up about landing my dream job only to fail to land an the interview, botch the interview or realize the job isn't all that I thought it was during the interview. (HINT: Be sure you're interviewing the company just as they are interviewing you.  Make sure it's a mutually beneficial fit!)

The only way to recover from any such blows is to learn from my mistakes and move on, changing my attitude.  

Change is inevitable, but it is how we react and respond to the change that determines our perception of the world and our own happiness!  It is a choice after all.  Choose to change your attitude and adapt to your environment to keep calm and carry on! 

(And for a little more inspiration and boogie, we can always rely on David Bowie

No comments:

Post a Comment